24 March 2013

WOOT! doesn't even begin to cover it

I'm finally LEGAL...

so anyway, as of about 3:30 this afternoon, I can legally carry a concealed firearm.

Slightly redacted

I stopped in to the Post Office to check my mail whilst running errands this afternoon, and found a letter from the County Clerk in my mail.  My heart sank, I had just dropped the application and was fingerprinted like a common criminal on 04MAR13, they told me at the time that it would be the end of April "before a decision was made".  Receiving something from the County Clerk's office in less than three weeks was shocking and spoke of pending doom.

I cut open the envelope to find a single sheet of paper and (surprisingly) a card.  The card was my CPL ID card, pictured (albeit redacted) above.  The letter from the Clerk was basically "here it is, you're good to go, let us know if anything is incorrect".

So, kudos to the Washtenaw County Clerk's Office for under-promising and over-delivering.  I had dread fears of applying for a CPL in The Peoples' Republik of AnnArbor*, and expected a flaming metric ass-ton of grief over petitioning the local government to exercise my fundamental human right of bearing arms.

I've coveted this for decades.  I'm finally legal.

more soon

*I do not live in The Peoples' Republik of AnnArbor, I'm just outside the wire.  The Peoples' Republik of AnnArbor is the County seat.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 25 March, 2013 16:12, Blogger Larry said...

Out.

Standing.


Good to have you with us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home