13 December 2006

Wednesday Night Speculation

because I'm sure you're curious

so anyway, whilst taking the garbage out to the curb in front of the fabulous Casa de Miguel compound this evening, my thoughts kept wandering towards fidel castro being dead.

It's funny how it happens like that, my thoughts are remarkably random, yet every time I take out the garbage I envision a dead communist dictator in a box being (literally) pissed on by the former proletariat. Much celebrating follows.

Funny how that works. But I digress.....

Personally, I think castro has been dead for two weeks now and raul is just crapping himself over how to break the news to the world.

Val Prieto is keeping a keen eye on the situation, and offers this primer on what we can expect once fidel is officially pronounced an ex-communist; once it is declared that he has ceased to be, he's joined the Choir Fantastic, he's pushin' up daisies, he's assumed room temperature, etc. You get the general drift.

In other news; I wonder how Lileks is going to square with Target doing this? See Pale. See also: Pale, Beyond The. I agree with Lileks' stance regarding Target on the (most annoying) Salvation Army bell-ringers from Christmas Past, but Target "Che" merchandise?

I still like Steve H Graham's "che-burger" idea. Che burger, Che burger. You know that you're old enough to remember the SNL skits, put two and two together and you've got funny.

See what I was telling you about random thoughts?

Tonight's link to Babalublog came courtesy of Cap't Jim at Smoke on the Water.

Since I've already violated both my "get enough sleep" and "don't drink to much" edicts this evening, I should probably sign off now. We'll have words soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home