28 March 2013

Me and my big mouth

I done put my foot in it again...

so anyway, leaving the office this afternoon, I called home to tell them I was on my way and to see what I had to stop and pick up on my way home.

"Is something wrong?" The.Oh.So.Progressive.Missus™ asked.

I replied "No, it's all good."

"It's only 4:35 PM.  How can you be leaving now?"  ( I rarely leave the office before 5:30 PM, usually it's closer to 6:00 or after.)

I explained that the CFO came downstairs and bid us all a pleasant Easter weekend and said we could all go home.  There was a long pause, then The.Oh.So.Progressive.Missus™ said "I didn't know you had tomorrow off."

[Insert Homer Simpson "Doh" sound effect here]*

It was then that I realized that I had just pissed away an opportunity for another Michael's Most Excellent Day.  One of those rare occasions where I get a day off for myself; such days usually include a trip to the range, a long nap, a trip to Cabela's or some other cool-assed place that I can never justify the time or the drive to visit.  All gone, dammit.

The icing on the cake is that The.Missus™ has a track record for making three-day weekends feel like six days in Hell.  The saving grace this time is that she hasn't had all week to scheme up ways to fuck up the long weekend.

And you people wonder why I drink.....

more soon

*I am not a fan of The Simpsons, it's just a reference that most people understand.  I've never cared for always hated Matt Groening's work, going back to the Life in Hell days.  It's just me; Groening's work has proved popular over time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home