10 September 2005

And now, Something Completely Different

my apologies to Monty Python

It just figures, you write a long, heart-felt, emotionally draining, and gut-wrenching post and Blogspot craps out on you and you loose it all. That's just how my day was going one week ago.
Not that the past week has gone any better, mind you.
Trust me, the original post (lost by Blogger) was much better, but here goes anyway:
Last Friday, the boss asked me to "pop into his office for a minute". Not out of the ordinary, business as usual, happened every day. Turning the corner into his office, and seeing the boss and the girl from HR and the long faces and the request to close the door, I knew it was Not.Good.
"Times are tough" "Belt tightening" "Reduction in force" Yada yada yada, you know the song. Especially if you're in the Automotive industry, you know what I'm talking about.
So, I find myself un-employed. Just.Like.That.
(doG damn Blogger to hell; the post that they lost was actually much better. But I digress)
Being ridiculously optomistic, I'm sure that things will all work out. Fortunately, drinking to excess keeps the demons of doubt at bay during the long hours of the dark night.
So, if you have any leads, or know of anyone who has any leads, or know someone who's second cousin twice removed had some leads, please e-mail me at heywoodblogger at yahoo dot com.
Yes, blogging activities will be light until this storm is weathered. I have other priorities right now (duh!)
On a (more) personal note: NEO (and you know who you are): please re-send your e-mail from last Friday to me at heywoodblogger at yahoo dot com. You raised some interesting questions, and I owe you a response.
Courage (Resolve)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home