16 November 2007

Follow up

Two comments within 24 hours! I'm both humbled and insulted.

It appears that my "Open Letter to the Secretary of State" from last evening has created a minor stir on the inter tube web net thingies. Even if I can't spell "Secretary" correctly. I'll leave the spelling error in the original post; I should either post whilst sober or use the spell-checker.

A bit of history behind that post: when I first read the "Rambos of Rapproachment: Diplomats Well-Nigh Refuse To Take Assigned Postings In Iraq" and the "A “Revolt” At The State Department?" posts (and the associated links) over at Ace of Spades HQ, I was having a particularly bad week both in the Stupid Business and at home. Most of that post was written out of frustration with My Life at The Moment. I'd suggest that it was a poor attempt at humor, but I'd offend the poor attempts at humor everywhere.

Note to Self: don't post the "saved as draft" crap unless it's salient.

Since it's ultimately more important, I'll address the "humbled" aspect of this whole fiasco.

Consul-At-Arms has generously linked my post on his blog, in conjunction with his comment. Sir: Thank you for your service(s). In the past hour I have been on a short, but fascinating tour of your blog, and will add it to the SSP blogroll forthwith.

Consul-At-Arms, you are obviously not one of the "panty-waist Foggy Bottom wankers" that I disparaged in my original post. I (should) know better: the MSM often makes mountains out of mole hills, distorting minor dissent into full-blown rebellion.

In other news: as for "insulted":

Anonymous calls me a "chicken hawk". Anonymous (if that is indeed your real name); for your reference I do not own "cammy pjs"; in fact, my pajamas are imprinted with little sailboats piloted by teddy bears. I hope that helps.

2 Comments:

At 17 November, 2007 11:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect! Join the navy then.

 
At 18 November, 2007 01:57, Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Thanks for the links.

I've linked to you here: http://consul-at-arms.blogspot.com/2007/11/re-follow-up.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home