17 May 2008

Things going on

there's always more.....

so anyway, much has happened since we spoke last. The ill-fated (Babe Magnet) WindStar has been replaced with a Ford Fusion, and I am pleased so far. I'll do a review of the Fusion later, so far I have refused to view it with my "professional" Stoopid Business™ eye. It's my first new car. It's true! In forty-five plus years on this planet, I've never acquired a vehicle with single digits on the odometer. Needless to say, I'm diggin' the new car smell.

In other news, I heard a rumor that the California Supreme Court rendered a decision this week. Please hold, still checking. Right, gay marriage. It's been beat to death by everyone by now (note to self: blog it while it's fresh).

I don't particularly care about the issue. Live how you want to live. Vote, go to work, do your job, pay your taxes (I know, it sucks being a growd up), don't litter, help a brother in need, mow your lawn, don't put an El Camino up on blocks in your driveway. As long as you're not messing with me or my family, live the dream.

Doubleplusundead hit it smackly:

More than anything, I'm worried about the precedent these sorts of rulings set for other judges who may decide to restrict our liberties. Judges should not be in the business of declaring things law, but declaring if laws written by the legislative bodies are constitutional or legal. They should only be in the business of declaring laws constitutionally valid or invalid, and that is it.
Right. What he said.

Regarding the President's remarks in Israel this week, My comment is that this should have been the encore speech to the "you're either with us or you're against us" speech.
"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," the President said to the country's legislative body, "We have heard this foolish delusion before. As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is –- the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."
Mr.President: Dude! You should have been pounding this siht for six or seven years by now. You could have used the old "crocodile / eat me last" analogy.

h/t to Drew M. over at Ace of Spades for the quote. Niiiiiice. Steve H. Graham has some thoughts, as well:

I really can't wait to see Obama negotiate with Ahmadinejad. "The President and I have reached an agreement. We will let him make all the bombs he wants, in exchange for his 'pinky swear' that he will not use them to destroy Israel or blow up American cities. If he violates his promise, I have assured him that I will be very cross with him, and I will force him to explain why he 'acted out,' in a conference call with Oprah and Dr. Phil."

With Obama, the price for violating a negotiated truce will be...more negotiations. And of course, the Iranians know nothing about negotiations. Haggling is unheard-of in the Middle East.

"Pinky swear" LOL. Am I the only one who just spewed their drink of choice all over their monitor? I thought not.

Wanna know what sucked up my Friday night bloggin' time? It was this Ragin' Dave post on the RINO's pathetic attempt to make nice with their supposed dance partners. You could read for hours, I know I did.

I reserve the right to revise and extend at a future date. But you knew that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home