16 September 2008

Tuesday 16SEP08

48 days to go.....

so anyway, Senator Obama has put forth an opinion on this week's Wall Street meltdown.
"The Presidential hopeful actually faxed off a draft of his statement to his 6th grade social studies teacher, to solicit her feedback."
He's gonna have to stay after class.

Suitably Flip has the goods in his post entitled "How Come I Would Make the Economy Better" (Seriously, go read the whole thing) Thanks to Ace for laying the knowledge on me (or whatever the kids are saying these days).

In other news, John Lott asks "Who do you want in the White House?". Graphically. The (very) junior Senator from Illinois needs to check the air pressure in his rear tire. Doesn't he know how much under-inflated tires cost us hard-working folk each and every year?

Elsewhere, can you just imagine the global siht-storm if John McCain and/or Sarah Palin said anything like this:
"The prayer that I tell myself every night is a fairly simple one: I ask in the name of Jesus Christ that my sins are forgiven, that my family is protected and that I am an instrument of God's will. I'm constantly trying to align myself to what I think he calls on me to do. And sometimes you hear it strongly and sometimes that voice is more muted."
I just gotta add the spoiler line:
Obama, like Palin, prays that he is on God's side. Palin, unlike Obama, does not (so far as we know) claim to hear the voice of God. Why is she the one who gets painted as a religious nut?
A-fcukin'-men. Thanks to my brother-in-blog Ragin' Dave of Four Right Wing Wackos fame for helping me see the light.

And in closing, just because it still cracks me up: Best Obama Facts. My current favorite:
Obama can calculate your guilt just by looking at the numbers in your checkbook.
Of course, this is just as funny:
A microphone into which Obama has spoken, heals asbestos-related disorders and colorectal cancer by direct application.
"Direct application", indeed.

more soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home