03 May 2009

A Week of Blogging

lost due to real life kicking my ass

so anyway, it's been another stellar week in The Stoopid Business™, capped off with yet another "Black Friday" at the aforementioned Stoopid Business™ job. As I've mentioned before we're talkin' blood on the floor and growd men crying. I don't have a body count to share with you tonight, suffice it to say it was massive.

Real life has grossly interfered with my ability to blog properly for the past several weeks. It really sucks being a growd up.

anyhoo, here's a small taste of what I would have blogged over the past week:

As I'm driving in to my thankless Stoopid Business™ job on Monday, I listen to a report on the Swine Flu and I keep hearing (in my brain) "never let a crisis go to waste". I'm not alone: "Vintage" has similar thoughts over at doubleplusundead.

On Tuesday, I neglected to blog the fact that Mr. & Mrs. Other McCain celebrated their Twentieth Anniversary. Belated congratulations to The Other McCains.

[Note to self: Dude! "Blog it whilst it's fresh" is one thing, but missing an anniversary is just not right ]

Wednesday found me not blogging RSM's

All great rock music was recorded by the time John Bonham died, which I completely agree with. I've been using 1978 as my cut off year for great rock music, but Robert has a point. 25SEP80 is the cut-off date, henceforth. Some other time I'll tell you of how I came to be such a huge Led Zep fan, and my nine month long study of Stairway To Heaven. It's a long-ish story.

I also missed linking S.Weasel's most excellent post on Arlen Sphincter.

Then on Thursday I missed the chance to blog on RSM's post on this "Swine Flu" that all the kids are talking about:
"Obama's lackeys in the media know exactly what they're doing. Turning an ordinary virus into a Code Orange national-security threat is political gold for Obama."
Exactly.

Friday, as I mentioned, was a dark day. Just under 500 people lost their jobs. The only note I recorded on Friday was this:
"I cant find my shoes, my wallet, or my keys, but i know where your sister is."
I did manage to lift the pic of the little girl french-kissing the pig (from Clever S.Logan via RSM) and have used it as the background on my freakin' ginormous monitor at the office since. I'm starting to get complaints....I should probably shift to one of the Scare Force One pics, just to piss off the leftards around the office. 'Cause that's what I do.....

more soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home