06 January 2013

The times, they are a'changing

more and more people are "getting it" every day

so anyway, on my way home from my Sunday errands, I stopped by my regular "licka stow" (h/t James Lileks, it's an obscure reference to a Prince movie that has always cracked me up).

The clerk-guy was finishing up his smoke outside when I pulled in, he ducked back inside as I exited the Mighty Fusion Commuter-mobile and had my usual order sitting at the register when I walked in.

"Is that gonna do it, today?" he asked.

"I'm afraid not" I replied, "Today is different.  I'm from the Government, and I'm here to confiscate any and all firearms on the premises."

He blinked twice, then smiled.  "If I thought you were serious, I would have shot you dead." (Like I said, I'm a regular at this particular licka stow; they know me.  Otherwise, I'd be dead now.)

"That's all I need to know" I said, then we had a good laugh and then talked for a bit.  He had much to say about the current Administration and the pending abridgment of our 2A Rights,  Keep in mind that this conversation occurred just outside the wire of The Peoples' Republik of AnnArbor.

People are (finally) waking up.  About goddamn time.

more soon

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home