27 May 2013

A new feature (Updated)

Let's give this a try...

so anyway, tonight will be the inaugural run of my weekly "link dump".  Here's what I'm talkin' 'bout:  as I go through the week, I keep a Notepad file up on Dropbox (try it...it'll change your life) where I park links, headlines, quotations, snippets of text cut and pasted from the inter-web net-tubes, etc.  Things I want to look up later, or maybe turn into a blog post here at Supply Side Politics 2.0.  Some weeks, there are several dozen links and other items that never see the light of day again.  So, my plan is to dump that file here on Sunday evenings "InstaPundit"-style, just the link or item, and if I can remember why I had captured it in the first place.  Tonight, for the series debut, I'm dumping the contents from my Notepad files for the weeks starting 13MAY13 and 20MAY13.  So without further adieu, let's light this candle:

20MAY13

TFG's scandals, laid out in bracket form ¶

Dana Loesch, prior to Tuesday's TEA Party protests at IRS offices (I actually posted on this one.)

"If the thought that a protest would distract from a winning narrative then we shouldn’t have had the health care protests at all. Protests drive attention to the issue being protested. In this case, it’s the IRS and big government. Entre caveat: I don’t want to see a single sign about Obama. I don’t want to see a single sign about Biden. Or FLOTUS. Or vacations. Or anything other than the overreaching power of big government. No signs on anything other than this malicious and criminal behavior was perpetuated by a government too big to be held accountable. It was carried out behind a veil of purposeful complexity."
My post about Trigger Talk Radio, that I pitched for the AoSHQ Gun Thread (they declined to include it, but there's always next week)¶
"Why limit yourself to a 5-watt CB? You can get ham radio transmitters with up to 1000 watts power. Combine that with a good antenna, and you have transcontinental or ocean-spanning comms ability. And there is no longer a Morse Code requirement to get a ham license, so it's possible to do for even someone casually interested in radio. You do have to write a technical exam, but one does not have to be any kind of electronics geek to pass it, and there are plenty of study guides for it. Think of the exam as being somewhere on the high-school level of understanding electronics.Posted by: zombie Clara Petacci at May 22, 2013 01:24 AM"
From a conversation on the ONT where I had suggested that we should all get CB radios, 'cause THEY can shut down the inter-web net-tube and all the cell phones...¶

James Lileks' flickr feed.  There are pictures of Jasper.  Who'd have thunk it?¶

http://www.startrekcomics.info/parodies.html Not sure where this came from, but I remember being disappointed¶

Trey Gowdy, from Wednesday.  I posted this before, but it never gets old....






13MAY13

Daily Pundit 


Bob Owens is always good ¶

Appleseed.  Do go support them. ¶

Founding Fathers stuph

Preference Cascade, explained ¶

Denniger! ¶

Sarah Hoyt ¶

The Traveling Wilburys' drummer ¶

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=cwqhdRs4jyA I have no idea...  it's the End of the Line youtube vid ¶

"Some of us warned America; we cautioned voters in 2008 that a community organizer with no executive experience and no sense of accountability would be a very poor choice for the nation’s top management position. - Sarah Palin 
This the link to the quote ¶





Apparently, an IRS agent leaking tax documents is a big fucking deal ¶

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/05/no-ordinary-scandal-join-us-may-21-at.html ¶

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/irs-protests/ ¶

Obviously, some tweaking will be required.

Update: tweaks were applied!

more soon

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 27 May, 2013 23:26, Anonymous irongrampa said...


I think I like this. Sorry not to have stopped by earlier, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home