28 August 2006

Home grown blogging

guess who's trip got cancelled?

so anyway, rather than coming to you tonight from Grand Island, Nebraska (Island? in Nebraska? WTF?), I am comfortably at home, ensconced on the Battle Bridge of the Starship Miguel. Life is indeed good.

I am semi-bummed; after all, I've never been to Nebraska. You take the adventures that are offered.....could be worse, my largely-absent Brother-in-Blog is in Oakville, Ontario tonight. Sucks to be him, I guess. I hope his plane landed before the Beer Store closed. Having done extensive travel in Canada in a former life, I feal his pain.
Oakville. Gawd. At least it's Monday, so expectations are low. Oakville on a Friday night, now there's the text book example of desparation. Friday night in Oakville, facing a 6:00 AM Saturday Change Control Management meeting at OAP, so all the good people can get a spankin' new WindStar: shoot me now.
The Management here at SupplySidePolitics apologizes for the previous auto-industry-insider rant. Those responsible have been sacked. Twice.
In other news, Shelby Steele is once again spot on in his latest WSJ Opinion Journal post. It's what all the cool kids are talking about.
See also Congruence for a (blogger) personal insight to the impact of Flight 5191. Steve H. Graham of Hog on Ice fame has been a favorite of mine since I started reading blogs, his family was directly touched by the unfortunate event. Do go read and keep Steve in your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home