22 July 2008

Andrea Mitchell

can kiss my ass

so anyway, please excuse me for the blatant vulgarity. It is justified, as you'll soon see.

Karl over at Protein Wisdom brings us Andrea Mitchell's appearance on MSNBC's Chris "Thrill up My Leg" Matthews' Hardball. Mitchell and Mathews are discussing Senator Obama's visit to Iraq, and the media coverage thereof. I've excerpted Karl's excerpt, emphasis mine (but you knew that):

MITCHELL: Let me just say something about the message management. He didn’t have reporters with him, he didn’t have a press pool, he didn’t do a press conference while he was on the ground in either Afghanistan or Iraq. What you’re seeing is not reporters brought in. You’re seeing selected pictures taken by the military, questions by the military, and what some would call fake interviews, because they’re not interviews from a journalist. So, there’s a real press issue here. Politically it’s smart as can be. But we’ve not seen a presidential candidate do this, in my recollection, ever before.
The quote linkage is back to the Newsbusters source code that Karl references.

Really? "Fake interviews" because they're not "interviews from a journalist"? Excuse me?

The mind boggles.

I'll have more on this tomorrow (or Thursday, or, you know, whenever); I must go now. The opening bell for The Stoopid Business™ rings in less than eight hours and I must sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home