30 January 2009

There's a New RNC Chairman

Michael Steele

so anyway, congratulations to Michael Steele on his new job as the Chairman of the Republican National Committee. Although I burned my GOP membership card years ago, I am glad to see Steele as the face of the Party.

Ragin' Dave sums up the sentiment:

It's not going to make me leap back to the Republican Party, but it's a start. Out with the old Democrat Lite!
Exactly.

This line, from the coverage by some "news" organization that I've never heard of, troubles me a bit:
Steele, an attorney, is a conservative, but he was considered the most moderate of the five candidates running.
We don't need no stinkin' moderates. Mr.Steele has been guest hosting Bill Bennett's Morning in America radio program frequently of late; he comes across as being a very down to earth regular guy. That's good. He is also a bit wobbly when it comes to the Second Amendment. That's bad.

We'll see how this goes. Again, congratulations to the new RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home