08 February 2008

Still trying to sort it all out

does anyone have Fred's cell phone number?

so anyway, it just keeps getting weirder and weirder. As it has gotten late early again, I'll post the shorthand and reserve the right to revise and extend at a later date.

McCain looks to be the presumptive nominee of the Stupid Party. Much ado has been made by all the cool kids (See also: Blogroll) over this; the spittle is flying even as I type.

I guess I'm to the "Acceptance" part of the levels of grief, 'cause I fired up the Blogger interface tonight to suggest possible running mates for McCain. That will have to be another story for another time; I'm thinking J.C.Watts, but what do I know?

Since I've scratched the "running mate" surface, the obvious VP choice for the Evil Party is Bill Richardson, for either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama. More on that later...

I've been following the on-going McCain / anti-McCain debate over at Rachel Lucas' place and it's fascinating reading. My brother Kim du Toit had an interesting take on the subject yesterday; he prefaces his post with this:

“If you’re having to choose between the lesser of two evils, the point is not how evil the lesser one is—the point is how horribly evil the greater one is.”
Kim is true to form in that he neither minces words nor suffers fools gladly.

Also on the subject, Consul-At-Arms links to Chaos Manor on the McCain conundrum:
"....And while I doubt that his sentiments on immigration have changed, he has said he will defer to the wishes of the Party and the nation. He is said to be a man of his word. Certainly those who would call him a squish -- for example some of the silly little neo-cons who have never faced anything more difficult than deciding whether to be independent and not go to Starbucks -- the rest of us can admire his determination. Squish he is not.

Me, I'm going to wait and see."

Just like the rest of us. As always, please read the whole thing(s).

I have a dozen of more links to add (well, 2/3 of a dozen), but now it's seriously late and I must go. More soon...

1 Comments:

At 09 February, 2008 01:30, Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Thanks for the mention.

I've linked back to you here: http://consul-at-arms.blogspot.com/2008/02/re-still-trying-to-sort-it-all-out.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home