02 July 2005

I told you there'd be more

just not today

I'm sure the blogosphere is positively glowing with opinions on Sandra Day's retirement tonight, I wish I had the time to go read them all.

To the fray I'll add this: Justice O'Connor's dissent on the eminent domain ruling makes perfect sense now. At first, I was scratching my head going "WTF?" over her dissent on the Kelo case. "Sandra Day? Dissenting in favor of property rights? WTF?" You see what I mean.

My thoughts are that she wanted to go out remembered as a (nominally) right of center justice.

So anyway.....

There's loads of good stuff out there today on this and other topics. It's late, and I must sleep for tomorrow we're going to the zoo. A few links to keep you talking amongst yourselves until we can chat again (yeah, I know; a round up of the usual suspects):

Via Cold Fury, Austin Bay on Why the Long War Must Be Won

Victor Davis Hanson dispenses wisdom as per his usual (thank you to Kim du Toit for the link)

Walter Williams gives the "eminent domain" ruling proper smackage. Laura Ingraham had the linkage.

Hewitt had a link to Bill Kristol about five minutes after Sandra Day made my day.

And finally, Capt. Ed shines some light on the Saudis.

Late, tired; you know the drill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home