25 March 2005

The Big Funk

pissed off, I am; and I don't know where to start

It is enough to just make one scream and then bash one's head against a wall. Make it stop, please. I'm not even passionate about the case, and I'm still burntd out. I've briefly posted on the issue before, and linked to others more passionate than I.

Go read Bill Kristol's piece on the bigger picture of the Schiavo case. All the kids have linked to it.
One of the things that is so un-settling about the whole Terri Schiavo case is the fact that her husband, Michael Schiavo, is due to collect a financial windfall of something like $2,000,000.00 (tax free) when she dies.

I just had a novel idea: Every one pony up a dollar. Just one dollar, you'll never even miss it. We collect all these dollars and "buy out" Michael Schiavo, contingent on him divorcing his lawful wife, and allowing her parents to become her legal guardian. There would no longer be a financial incentive for him to kill her; he'll still get his payday (and probably walk away with a fcuk of a lot more than $2,000,000.00 after taxes, judging by all the people who are as disgusted with this whole situation as you and I).

He collects his cash, she gets to live, crisis averted, everyone wins.

Next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home