09 July 2005

Random Thoughts for a Saturday Evening

I really need to win the lottery.....

I'll get back to SCOTUS-blogging next week; once we find out for sure if Chief Justice Renquist is retiring or not. For now, I'll add this to the mix: I want GWB to find the living enbodiment of Thomas Fcukin' Jefferson for the open seat(s) on the Supremes. A "consensus" nominee is right out. Find us justices for whom the Constitution is carved in stone, and for whom the concept of "international law" is not even up for discussion.

Again, I would be perfect for the job; but I'm not holding my breath.

Elsewhere; Hurricane Dennis is creating havoc in the Gulf. Last season, I put up a post about huricanes and their aftermath; it's all still true. Just substitute "Dennis" for "Charlie" and act accordingly.

This is funny. And sad. Ace via Cold Fury; James Bond meets political correctness.

It's late, though not as late as usual lately (what?) but I must go.

Courage (Resolve)

1 Comments:

At 17 July, 2005 16:36, Blogger Insolublog said...

'The real price of everything, what everything really costs to the man who wants to acquire it, is the toil and trouble of acquiring it.'

- Adam Smith (Wealth of Nations)

Today's SCOTUS has a warped sense of toil and trouble. How wrong the are. The framers firmly believed in the historical Scotsman's time honored principle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home